The president made the remarks during a meeting with Pakistan’s Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif in an expanded format in Baku October 14.
Azerbaijan and Pakistan enjoy close political ties and intend to develop bilateral relations in various fields, said President Aliyev.
“We have discussed with the prime minister the high level of political cooperation between our two countries,” he said.
The president said the official visit of Pakistan’s prime minister is indicative of mutual willingness to continue bilateral cooperation.
Ilham Aliyev stressed the need to expand economic cooperation between the two countries, improve the mutual trade exchange and pay much attention to humanitarian issues.
The two countries support each other in international affairs, he added.
“Azerbaijan always supports Pakistan in regard to issues relating to Kashmir. Similarly, Pakistan always supports Azerbaijan in regard to issues relating to solving the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” said President Aliyev. “We are side by side within all international organizations. The prime minister's visit today is a good opportunity to review the accomplished works and determine future plans.”
- ABOUT AZERBAIJAN
- BILATERAL RELATIONS
- CONSULAR SERVICE AND VISA
- CONSULAR SECTION
- Why tourists must prefer Azerbaijan
- ASAN Viza (e- Visa)
- The Rule of granting electronic signature certificate to non-residents via diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Facilitation of the visa issuing procedures on the base of the agreement between the European Union and the Republic of Azerbaijan
- 2018 Formula 1 Gran-Prix of Azerbaijan
- NOTIFICATION FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS WISHING TO TRAVEL TO OR INVEST IN THE OCCUPIED TERRITORIES OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
- 2019 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 2019 UEFA Europa League final in Baku
- UNESCO – BAKU - 2019